Our publication on Cyprus Employment Law published by JURIS.
The international publishing house Juris Publishing Ltd recently released the “International Employment Law” encyclopedia.
International Employment Law describes the employment laws in 35 countries, with information on the laws affecting compensation, hours of work, health care coverage, other benefits, training, treatment of part-time, temporary, and seasonal workers, laws against discrimination, collective bargaining, workers’ participation in management, worker compensation insurance, dispute resolution, and termination.
Christophi & Associates LLC is the correspondent firm for Cyprus for this publication from its inception.
The Cyprus chapter in the book was written by Christophoros Christophi and Antigoni Markouand covers the following areas:
- Legal Relationship of Employer and Employee
- Terms and Conditions of Employment
- Working Hours
- Equal Pay
- Collective Bargaining and Worker Participation in Management
- Health and Safety Protection in Workplace
- Workers’ Compensation and Survivors’ Benefits
- In General
- Widow’s Pensions
- Orphan’s Benefit
- Patent’s Allowance
- Dispute Resolution
- Termination of Employment
- In General
- Notice Periods
- Dismissal for Justified Reasons
- Retirement, Social Security and Healthcare, and Old Age Pensions
- Summary of Social Costs
- Social Insurance
The publication can be purchased online here: