Share This Post
Cyprus citizenship by marriage.
Conditions that must be met in order to file an application for acquiring Cypriot citizenship based on marriage with a Cypriot.
An application can be submitted by foreign spouses of Cypriot nationals, who have completed three (3) years of marriage and two (2) years of residence in the Republic (Cyprus) prior to the date of application.
Documents needed for the application:
- Birth certificate of the applicant.
- Certificate of clean criminal record of the applicant, at least 6 months old.
- Marriage certificate.
- Birth certificate of the couple’s children (if applicable).
- Photocopy of the applicant’s passport.
- Photocopy of the Cypriot spouse’s passport.
- Certificate of acquisition of the Cypriot citizenship of the Cypriot spouse (where applicable).
- Statement of harmonious cohabitation signed before an Officer of the District Administration Office or the diplomatic authority.
- Statement of cohabitation from the local authority.
- The application should be submitted in duplicate and one of the two application forms should bear two stamps worth 8.54 euros.
- Photocopy of receipt for the amount of 300 euros paid as fees.
Applications by the spouses of Cypriots Permanently residing abroad.
The application for acquisition of citizenship can be submitted by spouses of Cypriots residing overseas after they have completed at least three years of marriage. These applications must additionally be accompanied by a letter from the couple stating the reasons for requesting the grant of the Cypriot citizenship to the foreign spouse. If the couple has completed at least five years of marriage and has at least one child, it is not necessary to attach the aforementioned letter. In addition all public documents that are issued abroad must bear an official translation into Greek or English and be certified with APOSTILLE.
Each application must bear 8.54 euro value of stamps and 300 euro governement fee.
You can email us for more information at this email.