By: George Georgiou
Share This Post
COVID-19: Relief measures as regards companies deciced by the Registrar of Companies – 23/03/2020
In the context of the measures taken by the Cyprus government to support the companies/businesses that have been negatively affected by the outbreak of COVID-19, the Registrar of Companies and Official Receiver (“RoC”) has announced the following measures:
4th Companies’ Compliance Campaign for Submission of Annual Reports Due:
- The publication in the Official Gazette of the Republic of Cyprus, as per section327 of Cap. 113, of the three months prior notice, before the deregistration of non-compliant Companies is suspended until January 2021.
Payment of the Annual Levy:
The payment of annual levy (€350) is extended until 31 December 2020, without the additional charge of 10% and 30%.
Penalty on late submission of documents:
The implementation of penalties on late submission of statutory forms to the RoC will be postponed and not be imposed until 2021.
Submission of Annual Return for 2020:
Any Annual Returns, dated from 01/01/2020 to 31/12/2020, may be submitted through the RoC’s online system until 28/01/2021, without the penalty of €20 which was imposed on late submissions.
Additionally, in the context of the measures taken by the government of the Republic of Cyprus to limit the outbreak of COVID-19, the RoC, has also announced the following regarding the services provided to the public:
- The counters of the Registrar will be closed to the public.
- The RoC will only receive documents for submission which cannot be submitted through their online system for any reason.
- For submission of documents to the counters as per point 2 above, submissions can only be made between the hours 09:00 – 11:00 a.m., in sealed folders containing all required information for correspondence and applicants details, mentioning to which department the submission relates.
- The RoC will not accept payment with cash, but only with cheques or through the account of the applicant held with RoC.
Source: Registrar of Companies and Official Receiver