Citizenship by naturalization
A person legally residing in Cyprus may apply for Cypriot citizenship.
The key criteria are:
- Complete at least 7 years for legal residence in Cyprus.
- The applicant must have resided legally and continuously in Cyprus during the twelve months preceding the date of the application.
- The applicant must show ties with Cyprus. For example knowledge of the Greek language, and show why s/he wishes to obtain the citizenship.
- Birth certificate of the applicant.
- Certificate of clean criminal record of the applicant.
- Marriage certificate.
- Copies of all the pages of all the passports of the applicant showing his/her arrivals and departures in Cyprus.
- Detailed statement of arrivals and departures completed by the applicant.
- Copies of newspaper advertisements in two consecutive publications which report that the applicant has filed an application for naturalization.
- Two passport size photographs.
- Photocopy of receipt for the amount of €500 paid as fees.
For more information on the matter please send us an email here