Share This Post
Advantages of Cyprus as Alternative Investment Fund (AIF) base.
An investment fund is, in essence, a vehicle for collective investment by two or more investors whose money is invested on a pooled basis on their behalf by an investment manager, in return for a fee.
The Alternative Investment Funds Law was enacted in July 2014 to replace the International Collective Investment Schemes (ICIS) Law of 1999. In July 2018 the Alternative Investments Funds Law was further enhanced and updated.
Cyprus offers a number of important advantages for setting up an alternative investment fund.
- Cyprus is a member of the European Union. Setting up an AIF in Cyprus provides a solid base and signals trust towards investors.
- Excellent infrastructure
- Highly qualified accountants and lawyers
- Stable and reliable legal system
- Business oriented licensing procedure.
- Low set up costs compared to other jurisdictions
- Favourable tax regime.
- Reliable banking system