Share This Post
Residence permits for visitors in Cyprus – Visitor Residence Permit.
Non EU citizens have the right to reside in Cyprus for more than 3 months on a Visitor Residence Permit.
The key requirement is to show that they have in their possession stable or adequate income deriving from abroad.
The term “adequate income” means a minimum deposited amount of EUR 10,000 for every adult and EUR 5,000 for every minor, per year. These amounts are proven by bank statements and swift confirmations, and are considered to be sufficient for a person to reside in Cyprus for one year, without negatively affecting the country’s economy.
The visitor residence permit is issued for a maximum period of 1 year, with the right of renewal.
- Copy of valid passport, with validity of at least 3 months over the requested period of stay.
- Copy of the passport’s page, indicating the last arrival in Cyprus and the relevant visa (if applicable).
- Original bank guarantee, issued by a bank or cooperative institution in Cyprus with validity of 10 years, covering possible repatriation expenses. The amount depends on the country of origin.
- Medical insurance, which covers inpatient and outpatient care and transportation of corpse (Plan A).
- Original and copy of marriage certificate (if applicable) – the original will be returned back.
- Title deed or rental agreement of a house or apartment duly certified by the relevant president of the community (Mukhtar) and stamp duty by the tax department.
- Proof of stable or adequate income deriving from abroad, such as bank account statements from a bank or cooperative institution in Cyprus with minimum deposited amount of EUR 10,000 for every adult and EUR 5,000 for every minor.
- Swift confirmations, issued by the Cypriot bank or cooperative institution, proving that the money came from abroad.
IBAN Certificate of the Cypriot bank account.
For more information on the matter please send us an email here